If you've been over to my house in the past year and half you would have noticed I'm missing a kitchen drawer...looked like this.
Well almost a year and half ago, I had a major break down. I was so overwhelmed and hurting that day.... I had loaded the girls into the truck and I couldn't find my keys. I looked everywhere and it all started to build up in me. Everything just rushed and wanted to explode. I slammed my kitchen drawer shut a few times and it broke. I was so angry...I was angry my dad was dying and I couldn't do anything for him. I was angry cause I felt that way and couldn't be strong.. I was angry I was going to loose him. And then after I broke the drawer I was angry cause I knew he couldn't help me fix it and I would have to do it on my own. My dad was always there for me, I always asked his advice on house projects, car issues and anything a dad could do.
I've avoided fixing the drawer for a year now. I don't know why but I just didn't want to face it. Well today I told Quinn we were going to fix it no matter what. As we drove to Lowe's to pick up a piece of wood. I just stared at the mess I made of the drawer and tears started to roll down my face. I asked Quinn if you could have an emotional attachment to an object that you broke out of emotion break down. I felt this drawer was more than just a drawer it represented me and the wholes I have in my heart. Quinn said sure you could feel that way and now you are starting to mend it. I realized that was it....I need to start to mend my heart just as I was going to mend the drawer. I fixed the drawer today and a little piece of my heart. I know my dad would be proud of the job I did :)
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Kitchen Drawer is fixed.
at 8:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Mel, what a great story...thanks for sharing! There will always be a little empty space in our mortal lives, but it is nice to know that we can heal. What a blessing the gospel is in our lives that we can KNOW of the reality of life after death! I am sure that your Dad is proud of you for fixing that drawer. I am proud of you for your example and friendship! I hope some day we can get together again for a real hug and talk! Love you girl!
Post a Comment